Thursday 28 November 2019

Contemporary. What I Want for Once.

A Quickie


The dream then snuffed itself with the thumb and finger of married reality, and left a hole for the man,
To fill with doubt and dark "What ifs" Unthought the true to rekindle a hope that dwindled and then went out.

And washed him over with the sad real brine of mature accepted understanding. No hollow reason but firm resolve to live and burn and perceive the dream for itself, No more.


Looking for a Rainbow



The Hornbeams, Oaks, Beech and cousins.....
Put on ring after ring, buds, leaves, shoots, seeds, and ...repeat...
Dark, curly, unwanted but accepted top-knot turns
Slowly silver, and love comes and leaves, Autumns.

Dark, mizzly, drizzly, damp and foggy times,
Inside warm womb room and under sad duvets,
Wet work, uncomfortable thoughts, and stoic nights,
Behind locked door, time-traveling dreams, self-reproach and hate,
Hard to stride strong secure and self-assured......

From dark caves, dark foggy pubs, books, dreams.

Though, with the sun on your sad back, shoulders,
There remains half a chance, of a rainbow forward.





Affair One.
Posted by the-birdman on July 3, 2007 at 6:49 PM comments (0)


Ugly premonition

Admonishes me between

The flat and your car.


Barely have I stepped

Into the lion's den,

When,

Door-buzzer signals

My hasty fire escape

Flight.


And you never called

To relieve my worst fears,

Never called.

I haven't got your number,

In case the lion

Picked up the phone first.


Forewarned was not forearmed,

But before my retreat

At least I knew

Whereabouts I had left

My brother's coat






Affair Two.



That was the night,

Betrayed half seconds of panic,

Blind flight into the trap.


That was the confirmation,

Failing to allay my worst fear,

This is a dangerous meeting.


The pulse beat seconds in my throat,

Try to slip away down drizzling

Unfamiliar fire escapes.


Then the controlled but hasty walk,

On insanely noisy gravel driveway

To the conspicuously parked getaway car.


That was the night,

Betrayed by the carefully hung,

Black leather coat in your hallway.




Wisdom



It's early morning, misty, I know there's a wall,
The ground slopes, no trees, just grass and stuff,
Indistinct, but I know it's there, profound, constant,
Delicate whiff of fore-boding, immutable, incontrovertible,
Alike to death, or tax, or sense and reason.

To pass to the next meadow, or wood, or heath,
There's a way, a gap, for people, not stock,
Ancient wisdoms fail.






Taking Liberties.

I'll take it all,

Everything you can throw.


But


I will not stop.


I will take your life,

Your house,

Cash, dog, car,

Horse, pictures and

Even your gun,

But...



Even though I'll take it all,

However big, or however small,

Remember


Your woman will forever be

Forever, safe from me.




Just over a month.

Most of the above are this month's work, or re-writes of relatively recent stuff, so I think they count as "contemporary".

Ha! I make the rules up, but two of them were written today......

I'd still like to keep this non-personal, but hellooo to new and old friends alike. Good to see the numbers are building up a tiny bit again......not that I make a penny off this, it's just a portfolio for stuff, and I hope it represents something, even if I'm still not sure what it really is......

Stay strong people. x