Saturday 30 March 2013

Archive: Holme Valley Beagles

This one could run & run.



  

I haven't found any ones earlier of me in uniform...must be ca. 83/4 
(ie 16/17!!)




 

Similar time, on the banks above Digley Res. Dad took this one, and I remember thinking how sodding cold it was....



Little HV April could squeeze through the tightest bars.....here's proof....





Comely, Echo, April & Snowdrop



Me & the late "AB" at a lawn meet at "Hunters House" Nr Woodnook, ca '88 (ish)

  

Rog at the same meet.


Clarkie sometime in the early noughties on the Hathersage side of Standedge, Nr Sheffield.





Rog & Andy Noble at Chatsworth.
It would be nice to resurrect that as a regular parade, it was a brilliant show to go to.




 A random one-off at "Ings" near Staveley, South Cumbria. There might be some more of these in time, but this one just came to the surface of the box of old snaps.




 


Paul & I parading the HVB at Wortley, ca 89 I think.


Bill McNab (I think??) Rog & AB at Harrogate, ca 88





 


Dr Grom & the HVB entry that year, whichever it was....



 

Me & Grom feeding hounds. 
I suspect these might have been on the same day as the ones below, but can't be certain..



 Frank Stacey telling me where to draw. Charlie in the background....



 Charlie telling me to ignore Frank and go where the heck I wanted.....

Frank stomping off....



In days gone by it was the way of things to walk to the majority of meets, in the valley at least. The Boxing Day I hunted the HVB (Definitely 1988) I decided to walk from Upperthong to The Fleece, at Holme, in the same manner..BEFORE hunting a full (split) day. How stupid was that??








Arnold, Grom & Our Kid joined me in this silly venture....somebody else must have as I can't remember who took the pictures....