Thursday 22 May 2014

Flamborough & Thereabouts....

I knew nothing, literally nothing about Flamborough until the last few years, all my childhood holidays had been to Walton-on-the-Naze, or on a random canal somewhere, or maybe Whitby/Sandsend/Runswick Bay etc, but apart from a random school-time trip to Scarborough when I was about 16, the majority of Yorkshire's coast passed me by.

There were several fantastic Dormobile trips around France/Switzerland in my teens, which I have remarkably few pictures of, but maybe I'll find the family ones at some point..... Still, these are from this Easter, and a lovely time was had.



 "Bempton Cliffs" a world class site, apparently. Sadly physics says that if you're standing on top of a load of cliffs, you probably can't see what's happening on the actual cliff face(s). (Unless, you're a bird or have x-ray vision.)





































 How the chuff did that one get in here...?













 I think it was Morrisey who (might have) penned the song about the seaside town that they forgot to close down....did he mean Brid??


























 I can hear Poggy and his "Three Crows" recitation, though clearly this wasn't the moment it still tickled me...






























There's a little house a long long way away.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input. If it's appropriate then I will endeavour to reply.

Have a nice day whatever. :)