Monday 19 August 2013

More Experiments With "Lightroom 4"

More or less all of the pictures herein are not mine, but my Dad's, and most taken on his old Minolta camera as far as I can see.

As shot:

 LR4 version:

Now, to be frank, some of the changes I've made while trying to learn my way around LR4 are not exactly dramatic, but that wasn't the point. They're meant to be "improvements", at least for the most part, and sometimes the way a picture comes "vanilla" out of the camera is just exactly as you might have wanted it.


 Very old pre-digital shot, scanned presumably...


 As shot:
LR4:
 (Yes, that's me whipping in.....)

As shot:
 LR4:

 LR4 2nd attempt:

As shot:

LR4 version:
 Mr Luxton looking dapper (As shot):

 LR4:

My Dad (As shot):


 LR4 version 1:

 version 2:

 3:


  As shot:
 LR4 version:
 Lawn Meet at Knowle Top Farm (As shot):

 LR4 version:
 A bit more subtle perhaps, but this was the first post-ban meet at The Huntsman when the two beagle packs & foxhounds got together to stick two fingers up at Blair....

As shot:

 LR4 version:
Well, as you can see, I'm no expert, but a keen tryer nevertheless.

Of course it all comes down to personal preference at the end of the day, and if you're looking for really dramatic images to hammer home a point or to use in some marketing thing or other then you might over-cook any aspect of the process just for effect, but I'm having fun trying to get to grips with it, which I could never say about Photoshop which is still an utter mystery to me......


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input. If it's appropriate then I will endeavour to reply.

Have a nice day whatever. :)