Tuesday 28 May 2013

Bl**dy Frustrating

In a follow on to the post of whenever it was, like a couple of weeks ago I had a nice post planned for yesterday.

I have used the same route a few times lately, the arching re-born trees and the almost deafening bird-song creating the effect of a green cathedral, and a proper good place for doing a lot of thinking. When I went a couple of days a go I found a Woodpecker's nest and went back with my video camera yesterday to record the sound and hopefully some footage of Mum & Dad dropping by to keep the chicks topped up.

Patience, not one of my stronger virtues it has to be said, was with me, and while the cacophony of avine music wasn't just quite what it had been the previous time, it was nonetheless worth recording. I caught M&D doing their thing, and two or three of those walking videos I've always liked. On returning to base camp the PC refused to believe I'd even put a card in the slot, then asked me to format it, let alone copy the files... Files? What files? There was an "empty" card, and nothing to show the efforts of the last few hours, which I had prematurely been so pleased with.

Recuva, Restoration, and four or five other programs all failed to find anything, on a 16 Gb card, how flaming maddening.

I am so going to try again, when I have chance, but the chicks will be growing so quickly, and the weather forecast is appalling for the next few days..... Fingers crossed.

Here are a couple of recent ones of the same place, a little slice of local heaven.



There will be more, just not tonight. There are times when I find it challenging to keep the 'personal' from the detached, what with so many things to say and think. Maybe that's just me.