Sunday 14 May 2017

1967 and all that


I thought it was just the moon. Then I was told it was the "Mayflower Moon" Looking around on t'interweb didn't shed much light on that, but I found a few references to the May's Flower moon, which, given where we are in the Northern part of the Northern hemisphere, relates to the late Spring time for fertility, new birth, planting, and re-planting.....

Oh, perhaps not if another milestone, waymarker, sort-of-significant date comes along..



You don't have to look it up, but boy oh boy '67 was a bloody good year for music and art, and, well all sorts of stuff...

Apparently.


I'd like to say that I just wrote that, but after the events of the last few weeks, and especially the fact that the last two birthdays have been spent alone in enormous crowds of total strangers, and my feelings about that, which are mixed to say the least, I can't.

Still, I now have a few new acquaintances, who I'll probably never see again, and have experienced some challenges to my inherent prejudices about ladies who like ladies, so that's been educational....  Oh, and I broke my left hand too, which hurts......

Today I caught up with an old friend, like not seen for 32 years. All I can say is that I wish we'd met up years ago. While we were never actually "close" way back, we were friends, and the proof of the pudding is that we talked like we were, and are still. My sometimes fading faith in human nature was recharged, and it helped my self-belief too.

Otherwise, pretty much everything in my life right now could easily be described as "chaotic".

Disorganised. Random, with a smidgeon of organised, and that is the bit that I have to try to remedy, as it's not doing me much good......

 Where along the way did I lose my self-belief? I know it's come & gone through the years, and that there is a kernel of it underlying everything that keeps me going, as I know I'm "alright" really. But like, when I think back to some bits of who I was, while I was never full-on cocky, and full of myself, I did have times when I just didn't give a flip whether people liked or understood me, and it was when I started really caring that I started to lose that confidence.



One more before I go to bed....



I haven't written much lately, well, not for weeks, though occasionally I do, and then bin....I do want to filter through a lot of my old stuff, like the above, from my "year out" from college, when I think they are worth keeping, and want to push this blog out more, though need any of my 3-4 readers to help me in that if they would care to?

My line of thinking, random though it usually is, is to keep on trucking, build this up to where I'd be happy to send it to a potential publisher, and if that doesn't work, think about starting a Go-Fund_Me type of thing to cover the costs of turning the pictures & poetry into something you can actually hold in your hands. The suggestion today was to try to do that via an on-line e-publisher, which had only breezed past my thoughts, but now I will have to have a proper look at it again....I really do invite your thoughts dear reader. Step out of the shadows please, and engage....am I barking up the wrong tree?? Is it all just bollocks?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input. If it's appropriate then I will endeavour to reply.

Have a nice day whatever. :)