Wednesday 8 February 2017

More Recent Ones


 
The Promise


From this tranquil hole, gentler spring,
scent, light, pence,

My eyes picked up on her approaching,
Did my heart fly, soar with herons?

Banking, turning, in the promise of life?

Did she burn with star-fire, meteoric?
Fireworks, dragon souled and infinite majesty?

I caught your smile, let it enfold,
Warming and welcome.

And held out empty arms, to return,
such gently spring love,
Scented, tranquil,

To hold THE PROMISE.



 
Driving Home From “The West”

Inane radio, unfocussed thought,
Sense of “does it f-ing matter?” loss,
Impending, drift where once drive,
No life-belt, water-wings.

Every single day regret, no clarity,
Split off intellectual acceptance,
From sterile but bleeding emotional,
Bleeding routine, rocks for cast sailors...

Safe only if you catch them before
They utterly annhialate you.

Friendly DJ, familiar soundtracks,
Do little to surface my reality,
Just soft, safe, dull, familiar,
Every sodding day.




Davey's Locker


That all-drown word,
All poets forced to worship,
Contains duties, tasks, hand-cuffs,
Joys and tears.

Heart-warmth, gloves,
Passionate release, agendas, theirs....
Tools to wrap meanings, argue,
In poisonous allegory.

Deep longings but bloody hobbled Achilles...


Drowning in their mirrors, and diaries,
Planning-man,

Lost hope, Davey's Locker,
While drowning, think of gardens.




Traffic Jam


She doesn't see me,
Eyes at -15 degrees or so,
Slow to stationary cars, lanes,
Dark rings, tarmac scrutiny,
Or the thousand yard focus,
Below my level.

I smoke and sip cold coffee,
And look again, she's less
humble than the truck
in front after all.

No, she's gone, dead eyes,
Car still moves, spirit death.






 

The Void

Her eyes, black ribbons,
Tendrils of unspeakable regret,
Ooze and drift through the
driver's window.

“Will O' The Wisp”-like, negative though,
Unspeakable sadness, dead angels,
Waft on hidden breezes,
Trail, scent-like, fractured, odd moves.

Inner maelstrom, pale dead face,
Dried tears, long long long died.

Ghosts, trail through from her car,
Driver's glass through my driver's glass,
And, unexpectedly, I glance into the void.






I slipped up when I last "re-invented" this Blog. I had the idea to post other people's poetry as well as pushing my own, so ended up with two "labels" or "tags", "Poems" and "Poetry". Instead of editing everything that has both in the labels, I will just called everything "Poetry" from now on, even if I do post someone else's..... Not a biggy I know, but thought worth mentioning....

I have finally finished typing/scanning all the old stuff, though there is a good bit of hand-written stuff to wade though yet. Most was from the end of the 80s, and early 90s, with odd exceptions. This post has been more or less, about trying to prove to myself that the more recent stuff is still valid. Sure, some of it is still technically "juvenilia", but hey, inside, I'm still in my mid-twenties....(as if).

I have reams and reams of stuff from the last few years to catch up with in the meantime. My heart is back in it though, so maybe this being alone thing has an upside after all, even if it's bloody hard to see when you're actually living through it.

Peace, out.
x
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input. If it's appropriate then I will endeavour to reply.

Have a nice day whatever. :)