Tuesday 17 October 2017

Between Storms



Bolts.


Just put sky hooks and restraint,
Right out of this arena.

All is bolts.
Bolts is all.

Nuts, screws, nails, hooks, hinges,
Bolts to perspex.

But perspex is best,
To shield and save,
Protect and survive.

Deflect gamma, alpha, theta, beta,

Lead lined particles particular,
To this region of your thought,
Arenas of doubt.

On the subject of which,

Who, what, how, why,
Simply bolted to this screen,
Of larger term perspex disbelief.


With worshipful lords and
Forgetful protection.

Where the shiny perspex
Thrives, and survives.

Before The End.



 
Boxing Day 95. Edale.


Staring over thirty snowed moors,
Take the mind,
Lost the paths that age brought,
Fill anew with wonders long now sought,
Now lost, now found in vistas,
Wind blown skyline,
So rare and fine,
Thirty miles or more.
 
 


Burnt Earth

 
The burnt earth that slips from the foot,
The drizzled hour in this grave of trees,
And innocent tyre tracks shout your name.

The discarded stone circle with hints of modernism,
Scorched black and flaky edged altar stone,
Desecrated by the Roman Catholic sandalled steps,
And abandoned by newly educated free-men.

Here the ancient is at your finger tips,
Just beyond instant response touch taste,
And the strength of the is/it flows from the ground.

The steps you felt yourself guided to take,
Or maybe the hidden scene shifting guardians,
Or something still less paranoid calls you now.

Here we stand, in this dream scarred once-grove,
With sacred moments of sheer swimming love,
And hand in hand we silently soak and our clothes
Catch the smell of recent wood fires.

The burnt stone under-hand blacks your skin,
And sadly we move through and deeper into
Our new found reborn living loving and the sun.


Soft drinks carton pirouettes a mockery play for us,
And I have you lightly on my silver thread.



 
Here & Now




When the wind blew its strong words
Through my own life sentence
Carrying off dust whorls and girls,
And innocent, bystanding animals,


I wavered, and weathered, and long stood firm,
And drifted, and sifted through the wreck,
Searching and filtering, smashed up timbers,
And debris, and desk top exercises.


Recreating a stronger, deconstructed man,
From upturned cars, and tumble weed,
And ancient lies and mindless theories,
Thrown through the air, to crash, here and now.




Malkin House Wood.


Rock mass drunken landslide sentries,
Strewn in quilt leaf blanketed backdrops,
Fail to prevent this arboreal penetration.

The functional steel blade carves a vicious scar,
And spells out a fancy's name, yours,
But nobody notices.

Stone heaped dead quarry in green shadows,
Summons the time spirit to refresh race memory,
And chants the woven spell of love dreaming,
Interspersed with tiny pangs of blue guilt,

And a buried sword by storms revealed,
Leaps to hand to cut you down,
To half my memory size and gives me
A moment to think.

You won't leave me, shadowed green girl ghost,
Entwined with ground ivy and dead bracken hair,
I encountered your white magic and loving prose,
In distant delled copse laden deep glens,

And can't forget no matter how hard I try,
I can't walk away.


 
Mad Moment 1

You can drink what the hell you want,
Wont bother to list it all,
But, so far as this continuously drunk fellow,
Tries to extend his experience,
Raison d'etre, perhaps,

Is concerned,

Red wine equals truth, and poetry,

And, subsonic pedantry,
And a conscious madness that only

Water can take away.


-------------------

Mad Moment 2

Forever, I'm trying to find a touchstone,
Every time we meet, trying
Trying,
Trying,
Trying,
Trying,
But there's an empty, burnt heather moor,

And a suicidal keeper,

And a dead candle,

And yet I so want you to understand,

And this touchstone is too damn hot.


 
Love, Don't Love.


I loved you since time began,
I don't love you now.

I loved you since time began,
But I don't love you now.


Eat my dignity,
My masculinity,
Make toxic remarks,
And screw me up.


Maybe its because I loved you,
That I don't hate you now.

Maybe I should have just loved you,
And maybe I should love you still.


But eons after our birth,
Our death engulfs,
Entwines, and ingests,
Incinerates, and drowns,
And now, its late.

I love the memory of you,
But reality is bitter green death.


I love the memory of you,
But the reality can hike.

I loved you since time began,
But I don't love you any more.





 
Late in Tonight.


Like mental wedding gowns,
The sheets beneath the duvet do dance
And at this ungodly silent hour
With ringing ears and pints of water
I lie and contemplate

All the lies before.

All the lies I've fed myself,
While true to most of you
No guide rails at strange junctures

Or day by day by day.

No real hints of global anything.




Journey Child.

Journey child,
Wayfarer
They call you,
Names of slur.

Innocence in a strangely place,
A world of 100 years ago.

Child of horses,
Of running-dogs,
And fighting cocks,
And mystery.

Tarot cards,
And old scrap yards.
They'll never put you down.

Inside your head,
Where the old one said :
"It's all here for you".

She told you then
Of the evil men,
And how to get you through.

Journey child,
Slightly wild,
Seeks the temple altar.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input. If it's appropriate then I will endeavour to reply.

Have a nice day whatever. :)