Friday 2 June 2017

June.

 


Air Fingerprints

Out of the magnificent warm dark windy
Strange sounds of infinitely industrial prayer
Non-nature ghost of process past in distant mills
And un-identity, queer aromas, airs of making
Destroying these eyes with spectral memory
Of chemical moment and gravity, and rabbits
Downwind from this odd airy fingerprint
A walking lecture of past revolution progress
Removed guilty magnificence in our own eyes
Cast useless as far into the dark as yesterday
Turning back to windier chemical conversations
Lost translations, just sounds, love and poison
Upwind, upstream with waterfall magnificence


I sit alone and think,
I think 'alone', and hope,
I hope that things will come to pass,
The things I hope are none too few,
I sit alone, and think of you.


I was encouraged to keep a diary in my early years, several of which I still have, in a cupboard, or wardrobe or somewhere at my parents'. The diaries were supposed to help my (still to this day...) crappy hand-writing...and foster the development of neural paths and all that sort of thing. In some ways I think they worked, as there are days written therein that will be much more easily conjured up in my dotage than today, or yesterday....

As I said, my hand-writing is challenging though. I can't get my hand/eye coordination and timing sync-ed well enough to create any of the stylish writing that some people seem to be able to produce almost effortlessly...


And I get side-tracked. Regularly, like now, as I was going to go on to explain that the above shortie was my deliberate, and very conscious effort to begin the path of prose/poetic writing. Somewhere I will have the actual date, but I do know it was 1986.....Rather happily, to this day, I still kind of like it, as it's short, succinct, and the only piece I've written, apart from some attempts at songs a few years later, that I can recall, word for word some 30 years later......

 
 

Beginnings

Here, at the beginning of all things
Nothing
Another view of your infinite deep glass soul
Fracture
Pause, run, panicked doubts as it begins
Cautiously, light-speed
The dance begins, crazed and beautiful
Unsure and abandoned
Everything begins

Thought swimming, diving, flying around glass holes
Places to avoid
Waves of calm intensity
Abandoned reasons, and cautious tendrils
Wrap around loving pauses
Fearful dancers career among the beautiful swimmers
As the most ancient schism, clumsy
Shifts…

Another faith healer skates up to the edge
Of success and reasoning
As unreason preens and poses for the fight
Wrapped in loving arms, she acquiesces and
Somehow
The fliers land
Sure and secure this time, intense, clumsy,
Crazed fractures
Calm at last and deeply, cautiously loved
Beginning to heal the darkest schism
Slowly
With love and cigarettes
And wine
And candles, and a yearning.




 
False Memories


Why should I believe,
That all the dreams have gone ?


When I drop back slot in,
Three times in a morning.
Drug free culture,
Fruit juice kissing at bretsa.

And more love than you could shake,
A hippy at.

Slot, click, the views the film.
The wings, skyscraping and sensual,
Telephonic pleas to escape run artists,
With dead pan apologeas to you.

Awakening slowly, slyly perhaps,
Click the pictures, the surround pleas,
For clarity and understanding.

Driftwood, a fire, a beach,
A camembert love affair.
Stars, and missed moments, revisited.


Time machinery, not clocks,
She watches, shaking hppies at dreams.


Telephoning the past, to revise the script,
When dreams create belief,
That all the deadpan understanding hippies
Are awakening from these slots.

With kisses, and skyscraping Kisses.






The second official day of UK summer....

Nice.

That's it, for now, it's Friday, and I haven't been out for two weeks.......sad. So I'm going to make the effort, then realise why I don't all that often and live to regret it!

Thanks for stopping by, be safe, be strong.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input. If it's appropriate then I will endeavour to reply.

Have a nice day whatever. :)