Friday 9 June 2017

Can't Face the Pub

Escape Velocity

Guilty feral pigeon escape velocity
Scuds through services and across the highway
Into the loving windscreen of this eighteen wheeler
Feathery fireworks and his useless brain
Evaporates across three lines of fellow traffic
Greasy pink spots washed away carelessly
A feather stuck beyond the wiper’s reach
Reminds me of my worldly presence
Just for a few guilty seconds, feathery and careless.




Found You

 
I found you
Turned over a stone
And undrowned you.

But parallel lines
Stretch, given time.

Time, a life of,
Crime, a way to
Prime the hours.

But perhaps a few hours,
Or months and the odd day,
Are all we call ours,
I pretend it's okay.

A lifetime of pretense.

Pretender.

Did I lose you ?
Surround, blind by words
And confuse you ?

Parallel lives
Stretch and
Separate.




 
Four Times.







Four time the height, length, of your love,

The ropes that bound us in green times,

Four times the drop, to be human again,

To eat from the proferred platter,

To struggle back towards the home fire.



Four times you sent me,

No time did I ever doubt my loving return.



The post-apocalypse nightmares

Continue, continued, and does today. These days.



We always wake before we connect,

We approach and dance with death, and happier times.



The rope is blue, a trucker's throw-away,

But you'll kill me for this love, no matter whether its real.



Four times I crossed the line, told you five,

Was too drunk to count properly.



Situation normal honey, your platter?



Full of doubts, as human struggle,

To my own apocalypse.



Four bloody times.


 
In The Cold Light.

It seemed for a moment that
It all could come right,
That errors we'd made
Would be naught come light.

Come light into corners
Where worries had bred.
Dissipate the nightmares,
And the dumb things we'd said.

Dumb things,
Some things,
Ideas of conflict.
Bad things,
Sad things,
Places we'd picked.

The moments that passed by
The minutes and hours,
All chance of redemption
Blown like milk sours.

Sour milk this morning, and
A time to divide.
In the cold light of breakfast
There's nowhere to hide.





God Is Dead.

Running water running rats screaming babies and
stumbling crone wardens on one last orgasmic trip
and trapped in coccooned role-gaming scenario-shifting
leg-pulling muscle busting supermen break down at the sight
of a dancing bouncing bomb

in numb surprise her eyes
and phantasise on wet moment kiss
scream death excitement escape gaming
no naming shit kicking arse splitting
head-hitting model breakers and piss takers
and dope smokers no hopers and the dark bell tolled
this night of old when such gases and vapours burned eyes
only in asylum dreams with mustard gas and ham
sandwiched between two broken doors
in the street debris

a little girl maybe 2 or 3 and a dead dog and
an intact bottle of penicillin
if she was willin' it would still not suffice
to defuse the ruse that God is dead, long live God
Amen.


It's been a while since I had a random "shed" picture....



Tonight's soundtrack has, so far, been several Red Hot Chili Peppers tracks, and most of the back-catalogue of the fabulous, but gone Red Snapper. Jazz/funk/trippy but not for the faint-hearted, well, maybe, just don't wear a roll-neck jumper, you won't need it.... Nice.....

All the poppy snaps were from work today, and my phone, as I hardly ever dare take the camera with me for fear of theft...... and when I do, I can hardly carry it around my customers' gardens while I work.....

It's Friday, and I feel so unsettled about things I can't explain. It's like there's something coming, but I have no idea which way I should look to see what it might be. You ever get that?

 
Be safe out there people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input. If it's appropriate then I will endeavour to reply.

Have a nice day whatever. :)