Monday 17 April 2017

Tectonic Movements.


My phone, which has been sat on the kitchen counter for the last twenty minutes has just randomly said "If you said something, I didn't quite hear it..." How bizarre is that?




 
Mysterious Happenings



A connection of sorts,
An idea they had in common,
A fleck of glass in a steel grey eye,
Unreasonable attractions, unexplained.

Caused a tectonic shift,
Yet mountains of laughter, colliding,
A well intentioned charade,
But torn and ragged by consciousness....

And conscience, and a vow betrayal,
Three kindly souls,
Three hares entwined,
A furious race to the west, a life choice.

Fierce questioning, incredible misunderstandings,
The source of burning guilts,
And ineffable, sad love destruction,
Witness cross-examination reveals naught.

Leaves, broken pieces, salty,
Shards, splinters of hearts, and hopes,
Returns, sorrow-drive north....
Dead loves wasteland, questions.

Not dead, sleeping, smouldering guilt,
Lives collided, as quick divided,
Three hundred miles, inexplicable,
Waves of gravity, spectrums of grief.

Embers flare, refuse extinguishing,
Gordian knots of decisions, and hope,
Flame, bringing the dancers,
Unfathomable fire-ring survivors.

But no, 'twas not to be,
Mirage, late night telephone rows,
Thousands of unanswerables, and tears,
Remembered hypocrisies, and loss.

The clearest hindsight, everyone had it,
When they wouldn't, or couldn't,
Hear alarmed, veiled misty warnings,
Gentle advice from good friends.

Leaves the trinity diverse,
Irreparable perhaps, as this chapter ends,
Her choices, and change, and his,
And in living fading memory, mine.

Riddle me this, connection,
Completion, inexplicable destruction,
Part healing, dear feeling,
And yet, more lessons forgot.



Yes, I've been to the Writers' Group again. I have had such mixed feelings about it since the last one, and have missed at least two since then for various reasons, but I made my mind up to go, and am glad that I did. The above is the result of tonight, and recent events in my life, and the theme "Mystery" was a hard one to try to tackle, but that's the point, you're thrown an idea and either embarrass yourself by simply giving up, or submitting to the whole peer-group pressure thing and giving it a go.

Which is the coward's way out I wonder?

Anyway, I am so out of practice with trying to write a story, and half wish that I had tried to go down that route, but instead copped for a semi-autobiographical thing, and yes, I know it probably would benefit from "polish", and, in time, maybe I will. I am still working my way through the back-log of old stuff though, and good grief, pretty much all of that needs "polish"......


 
Long Shadows


Long Shadows
Very long, grey shadows

Over time-pieces, clocks
Aspic stuck diaries,
Folk-song memories,
Forgetful fish.

Memorial stones,
Dusty promises, shelved for
Saccharine playtime.

Old “new beginnings”
Down ages, and ginnels,
Dreamt apologies, hypocrisies,
Interference, tickety tock.

Long diseased shadows,
Infect thought sundials,
With fractured laughter,
Come life.

Come alive.




The Other Side of the Black Hole



You came,
A friend, when I needed,
Confidant, confessor,
Ear, heart,
Every body part in fact.

Lover, whore, mother,
Not maiden, or crone.

When I needed.

Spiraling galaxies of meaning,
Whorls, cyclones of truth,
No connection, then....some.

You came, my nemesis,
My hater, my enemy,
When I needed someone else to blame.



It's ok, it's just one of those random posts..............{boom tish...}




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input. If it's appropriate then I will endeavour to reply.

Have a nice day whatever. :)