Sunday 5 March 2017

Various Walks Around Here


It's yet another damp grey Sunday. Cold, but it's been a lot colder in March, so I shouldn't complain....

This was the week that I had the majority of my work-gear stolen out of my van. My locked van. My undamaged post-event locked van. To the tune of about £1000...... a nice way to get the week started.

It seems that you can buy a device on Amazon called a "Tibbe", that allows you to simply pick a Ford lock easily. Thanks Amazon, that's helpful!

There's an even easier device out there for a similar price. See Guardian article and I thought, naievely that such things would not only be illegal, but certainly not for sale on the open market.... 

There's no point in having decent stuff if people can just take it without any repercussions. To say I am livid would be an understatement, but the worst thing is how helpless I feel as to what anyone can do about it.

Best just to get your head down and keep on keeping on.


Cavewaters.

This my secret labyrinthine centre,
Painfully echoes non-sound-sense of the cool
Dripping of ice-cold
Cave water.

Drip, silent hours, drip,
Then silence for another drip,
Ripples of unlit nonsense sears.
Pierce these cave walled thoughts
And dispatch another, in your wake,
Dripping intense caved
Longings.
Lust for your gods,
And skin.
For the caves of love.

Cool deep pitch dark pool,
Holding the self deep within,
Reflects black light on black,
But echoes silently these dripping secrets,
As I died a little intensely
Momentarily.
Sinking in short ecstacy pools,
Waking in sober pain,
And dead lust gone, leaves,
These caves.

Secretive maze walking cave diving
Glad hanging and lustful cavefish,
Seek out the cool centre.



Garden Love

The lawn-mower told me to do it.
To change the plane, twist a set degree,
And to cut right over the edge,
To neaten the edge first
Was my own idea.

The moss lay at your feet,
Twigs in our hair,
And love in our grass boxes.

As I compost in your cool moist darkness,
With wood-lice, worms, leatherjackets and ants,
Spiders, grubs, and deep tidal motions,
My love exponents the moment,
And brings dissembly, of a sort.

Like a ladder of windows,
I live through one, seven, two, ten,
And still am the ladder,
The metaphysical pull-cord,
To the rotary dictator of….

My redisturbed passion for wholeness,
So much closer than I knew,
But hell no, never two-stroke.

Hell aye, I merely exist to,
Make you whole.

All he asked was to let the old me out,
Handing me your key,
As I hand you mine.


 
Nonsensical Trees.


Steel ice blue flash of armour,
Kingfisher shoots trhough this conversation,
Where Ring Ousel meets Goldfinch,
And Jenny Wren lends a wing.

Warily watching the lady in waiting,
Hands heavy on shoulders, repetitive straining,
To keyboards for typing the words of another,
Dear sir, my sister, my father, or brother.

Interruption from weathered faces that enter,
Repent with the telephone and then at the window,
Horrible visions of dreams long forgotten,
With fast cars, and dead trees, last summers pollen.

Broken down on the ring road, the kestrel above,
Dodging myriad starlings, and recreational love,
Leaves bitter residues in taste buds like these,
Notional climbing, nonsensical trees.


 
Square Peg.

Is this the place to stand and wait for rain ?
How can you get the speaker to explain ?
Just which of those jolly old fools,
Spends days fitting square pegs into round holes ?

The telephone rings and the shower curtain flaps,
Under breath cursing and the folds of old maps,
A planned journey to a view from a hill,
Deserted by fools now so move in for the kill.

The place is deserted yes, but we are still here,
Expecting the footsteps to wind ever near,
The actions of panic are unreliably safe,
But this moment is passing, everso brief.

The rain is late coming so we abandon the game,
The speakers gone home now, so we'll do the same,
The old fool's voice on the telephone line,
Stinks of t'baccy and musty old wine.

Running on illegal grass and stamping on flowers,
That lie dead in these clean april showers,
As the storm breaks now well high above me,
We kiss in the shelter of the gnarly old tree.

This is the place to stand, and have fun,
But how can you tell when loving's begun ?
We'll pretend that we're just the jolly old fools,
Hitting at square pegs with nonsensical tools.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input. If it's appropriate then I will endeavour to reply.

Have a nice day whatever. :)