Wednesday 8 March 2017

Just Thinking a Bit

This first one is from waaaay back in the late 80s, but a conversation I just had brought it to mind.....



Fish and Chip Love.

The rain dripping off my nose,
Off your hair, and off my clothes.
"These chips are hot "
"Yes" You say,
"You should have had some-
The other day."

The slogans written above our heads,
Poets all, with brains of lead,
I tell you how I really feel,
St Pauls' bells begin to peel,
Off there in the distance,
The moon's hidden, by mischance.

The vinegar leaks from the paper,
I'm really too old for this caper.
Soggy chips in a soggy bag,
I offer you my last fag,
The sky pours out the rain,
Will our fish & chip love
Ever be the same ?





 

 
It's been a funny old couple of weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input. If it's appropriate then I will endeavour to reply.

Have a nice day whatever. :)